Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of goods to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
By booking onto a course offered through Dulux Academy, you accept these terms and conditions in their entirety.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 10. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. There Terms were most recently updated on 21st September 2017.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. Information about us
We are Imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 218019 and with our registered office at The AkzoNobel Building, Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5DS (us, our or we). We operate the website www.duluxacademy.co.uk (this/our site). To contact us, please see our Contact Us page Contact Us
2. Use of the site
3. How we use your personal information
You can only pay for the Products using a debit or credit card.
Payment for the Products is in advance of attendance.
Full refunds will be given to courses cancelled within 48-hours of the start time. If courses are cancelled within the 48hour notice period an admin fee of £20 will be enforced.
6. Candidate details
If booking on behalf of someone else it is the bookers responsibility to provide the right candidate details at the time of booking.
7. Changes to these Terms
1. We reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- a. changes in how payment is accepted; - b. changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and - c. any other reasonable circumstance from time to time.
1. Each time you place an order for Products, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
2. Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this Clause 10, we will give notice of You this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
8. Events outside our control
1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in Clause 13.2.
2. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
3. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- a. we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and - b. our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
1. The Contract is personal to you and you may not transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms to another person without our prior written consent.
2. The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
3. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
5. These Terms are governed by English law. This means that the Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction (unless you are a consumer and resident in either Northern Ireland or Scotland, in which case you may also bring proceedings in those countries).
6. We own the copyright, trademarks, design right and all other intellectual property rights in the Products and you agree that these rights may not be used in any way without our written consent.